What is Eco-friendly Packaging?
By definition, eco-friendly packaging is any packaging that’s easy to recycle, safe for individuals and the environment, and is made out of recycled materials. It uses materials and manufacturing practices with minimal impact on energy consumption and natural resources. Also known as sustainable or green packaging, eco-friendly packaging solutions aim to:
- Lessen the amount of product packaging
- Promote the use of renewable/reusable materials
- Cut back on packaging-related expenses
- Eliminate the use of toxic materials in the production of packaging
- Provide options to recycle packaging easily